Facts and Figures
Official language: English and French
Currency: Canadian dollar ($) (CAD)
CAD$ 1 = Rs. 55
Climate: Canada is often associated with cold weather and snow. Daytime summer temperatures can rise to 35°C and higher, while lows of -25°C are not uncommon in winter. Spring is generally pleasant across the country. Autumns are often crisp and cool, but brightened by rich orange and red leaves on trees.
Distance from India: 14 hours approx
Provinces and territories
Provinces : Alberta (Edmonton), British Columbia (Victoria), Manitoba (Winnipeg), New Brunswick (Fredericton), Newfoundland and Labrador(St. John's), Nova Scotia (Halifax), Ontario (Toronto), Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown), Quebec (Quebec City), Saskatchewan (Regina)
Territories : Yukon (Whitehorse), Nunavut (Iqaluit), Northwest Territories (Yellowknife), Map of Canada exhibiting its ten provinces and three territories, and their capitals.
|Type of Courses:
Postgraduate Diploma / Certificate
Undergraduate Degree: 4 years
Diploma: 3 years
Advanced Diploma: 2 years
Postgraduate Diploma / Certificate: 1 – 2 years
MBA: 1.5 – 2 years
Approximate Tuition Fees:
Undergraduate Degree: CAN$ 20,000 – 25,0000 per annum
Diploma: CAN$ 11,000 – 13,000 per annum
Advanced Diploma: CAN$ 11,000 – 13,000 per annum
Postgraduate Diploma / Certificate: CAN$ 12,000 – 15,000 for the course
MBA: approx CAN$ 30,000 for the course
Estimated Living Expenses: CAN$8,000 per yr.
|English Language Requirements:
TOEFL: Generally not preferred at any college and University
IELTS: Undergraduate Degree: 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each module
Diploma: 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each module
Advanced Diploma: 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each module
Postgraduate Diploma / Certificate: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in each module
MBA: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in each module
Academic Entry Requirement:
Undergraduate Degree: 12TH in relevant subject with 75% and above
Diploma: 12TH with English and Math or 10TH English & Math and 12TH with Accounting & Statistics
Advanced Diploma: 12TH with English and Math or 10TH English & Math and 12TH with Accounting & Statistics Postgraduate Diploma / Certificate: 3/ 4 years Bachelors degree or Diploma.
MBA: 4 years Bachelors degree; with and without work experience.
*Medical Examination done by CIC certified doctors only
- Student visa is called as ‘Study Permit’
- Study Permit is issued by CIC (Citizenship & Immigration Canada)
- For courses less than 6 months Study Permit is not required
- Study permit is for course duration + 90 days
- As a student there are 3 different visa checklist/categories
- SPP is pilot project designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa office in India and the Association of Canadian community colleges (ACCC).
- The SPP was launched in April 2009 and continued in 2011.
- The purpose of SPP is to
- There are 43 Colleges/Universities participating in it and most of the Indian students are going to them only.
- Out of 43 SPP colleges; Ontario has 20, BC -14, Alberta – 4, New Brunswick – 2, Saskatchewan – 2, Manitoba - 1
- Application deadline, if applying under SPP category
- If visa gets rejected under SPP then he can’t apply 2nd time again in SPP category
- To file visa under SPP a guideline is there which must be followed. Some points of guideline are
1. SPP Category
2. General Category
3. University Category
SPP - Students Partners Program
2) Getting higher VISA approval rates
15th December for Jan Intake (1st December Preferred)
2) Mark sheets & Certificates (Consolidated not Accepted)
3) Education loan for at least 80% of total expenses (From Listed Banks Only)
4) Medical Certification
5) Pre payment of first term fees